- Computational Biomechanics and FEA
- Mixture Theory Modeling
- Fluid-structure Interactions
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- B.S. Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 2015
- M.S. Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 2016
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
Originally from Queens, NY, Jay started as a undergrad at Columbia when he joined MBL. His primary research work was on TGF-beta activation and homeostasis in native and tissue engineered cartilage. He was the king of ELISAs and lord of explant cutting (as depicted in the image).
After receiving his BS in mechanical engineering in 2015, Jay decided to peacefully abdicate to explore new lands in the realm mixture theory and finite element analysis using FEBio. In his spare time he roots for the NY Mets and the Giants while finding good restaurants around the city.