- Soft tissue biomechanics
- Finite element modeling
- Medical device development
- B.S. Clemson University, Mechanical Engineering, 2002
- M.S. Clemson University, Mechanical Engineering, 2004
- M.Phil. Columbia University, 2012
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 2017
Originally from Nashville, Tennessee, Brian joined Dr. Gerard Ateshian's Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Laboratory in 2010 working to measure in-situ joint friction. He defended his dissertation "Articular Cartilage Contact Mechanics and Development of a Bendable Osteochondral Allograft" in October 2016.