Product Manager - Elsevier
- Cartilage tribology and wear
- Joint arthroplasty
- Design of testing devices
- B.S. Politecnico di Torino, Mechanical Engineering, 2003
- M.S. Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 2006
- M.Phil. Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 2008
- Ph.D. Columbia University, Mechanical Engineering, 2010
Matteo is originally from Italy where he got his Bachelors and Masters from Politecnico di Torino and Ecole Centrale de Lyon. In New York he attended Columbia University, where he obtained a PhD in Mechanical Engineering thanks to a dissertation on the frictional properties of articular cartilage.
His research interests are cartilage lubrication and innovative joint prosthesis design.
Matteo is married to Patricia and they recently had a beautiful baby girl named Giovanna.
In his spare time he does a lot of sports (and complains for getting injured), learns photography and hangs out in the city with his girls.